PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yield management and Dixon's failing
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 14:47
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here is a strange and wonderfull field of discussion.

Yield management. My little Agency has moved to Qantas Platinum of late, and this gives us access to a wide range of enhanced services which is a very nice thing considering our high care corporate base.

The thing that amazes and perplexes me is the Pacific and Indian Ocean routes.

In numerous incidences recently we are unable to get D class on Global fares on LAX or SFO to SYD services on the QF side of the codeshare, but can get the D on the AA side of the codeshare an the same aeroplane - on Qantas metal. This makes no sense to me at all.

I do apologise for not explaining earlier, but D class is business class at a less than premium dollar value, hence lower yield.

Common sense decrees that American would be buying the seats at less than premium on their SPA negotiated rate wit QF so why does QF not offer seats at a similar rate?

I would like to support an Airline that supports us (in most ways) and keep my figures at a suitable level but this does make it hard. The punter comes first and if we have to do the AA thing we will.

The same situation exists on the JNB run ex SYD - sell the SAA seats on the bird far cheaper in all classes than QF in 90% of all cases.

Go figure!

Best all
EWL