PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 12:44
papa2andcharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And NO you wouldn't have been doing it for us, you would have being doing it to preserve the status quo in EI. You know that when you have a cheaper labour in the company, it reduces your own bargaining power at pay talks.
Max - yet again you assume this is about pay. For goodness sake OPEN YOUR EYES.

When you get your F/o position at BFS (it certainly won't be Capt - EI will close before that happens) what will you do when the Warsaw base starts:

War - BFS - LHR - BFS - War rotations on a daily bases. Or maybe
War - BFS - BHX - BFS - War

Management claim that they are working for pittance a day and that there's now a glut of pilots in BFS - I mean they've just taken lots of flights from your base by stealth. If you WANT to resign and apply for the new Warsaw contract you'll be free to do so...but that will also mean you need to give up your (already paltry) pension and X days of leave, work under JAR ops conditions only, no seniority (oh wait you never had any) and sleep at the airport in case they need you.

Who are you going to call?
What are you going to do?
Who's going to help you?
You're all practically contractors - no-one will stick together. You'll knife each other in the back...again.

You'll be frustrated at the Warsaw guys for undercutting you, only this time comments like "And NO you wouldn't have been doing it for us, you would have being doing it to preserve the status quo in EI." will start to ring hollow. You remember an old base call Dublin that warned about these things, but you just saw money and took it. The other things didn't seem important at the time.

The Warsaw guys will claim that they're only doing it cos the missus is giving them grief about wanting to get home to the motherland....and YOU will find this frustrating. Oh and that even getting 1/10 of the working conditions that you had is better than what they had previously so why shouldn't they take it?

The solution?

If you truly think of IALPA :
"And now I why the union has no backbone, if you have anything to do with it. You guys should have gone on strike to get your point across."

You are so off the mark as to be funny. In 2-3 weeks, I shall quote these words back to you. Please be man enough to prepare to apologise, as we (IALPA) face very difficult times in the next few weeks for our members - including the BFS pilots who we wish to see join us, on our seniority list and on our working conditions.

Did you hear of the IALPA strike in 2002?
Do you believe we called of the strike in 2007 due to lack of balls?
Do you believe IALPA is a weak union?

Please take a look at history before you throw off the cuff remarks about IALPA. (google !)

I don't expect you to care, but I do expect you to get some facts straight.

As for :

"And the pathetic threat that things are going to get worse if we take the job. well, we will see. "

There was no threat intended there. That was a poorly constructed sentence on my part. It should have been something like : If the only problem you have is pestering from your wife - be prepared for management dumping a hell of a lot more on you if these working conditions get imposed on BFS pilots. You'll have no protection to prevent it.

It's time to stick together.

Then we're family.