PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverted roll with C-172????
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 08:13
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens
G-EMMA, Stik & SAS
I think you are being a little unfair on Slag (who is normally an opponent of mine in some interesting debates.)

He isn't condoning rolls in Cessnas nor recommending them, but only pointing out that in flight break ups are a low probability for accidents and not perhaps the foremost thing to worry about when renting an aircraft.

And I agree with him.
Thankyou F3G, I think you have summed it up very well, and thankyou for taking the time to read into what I said.

In fact, I made no comment on the guy/gal who rolled the 172, all I said is that I wouldn't have the nerve to do it myself. I would like a little more info before I judge, though I am definitely leaning to the opinion that he is a fekwit.

EvilKitty said "It's enough to put you off ever using a club aircraft again, as you never know what the person before you did in it"

Student pilot G-EMMA (MEng - Here to learn not to inform) has jumped on me before and got it wrong, but when she said "Probably the scariest thread I've read on PPrune so far.."

I thought I would just say a little to perhaps reassure them.

And that is

Airframe failures are very uncommon

i.e even if you rent an airplane that has been rolled before, the chances of you coming a cropper is low. Not zero, but low. When you walk up to that rental aircraft, make sure you do a preflight, but the chances of you being killed by it falling apart because of some fekwit before you is lower than the chances of you being killed because you did something wrong yourself. Statistically, you have more important things to worry about

Well. I slept on it, and my mummy put all my toys back into the pram during the night, but I don't care - I'm throwing them out again. Cocky student pilots I can handle, seen loads of them, don't bother me. But if somebody with the calibre of stik starts having a go it's time to realise that it's time to move on. This place ain't what it used to be. I ain't posting again!