PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Twin Driver - LOOK OUT there's a tosser about
Old 28th Sep 2007, 05:39
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Fuji Abound I appreciate what you are saying but, as the twin headed off in the general direction of Cranfield (ie to the West) I would guess that a routing via Pirton would have suited him/her fine.Agreed about the Cessna probably feeling the turbulence far less then the Auster!

englishal Agreed, Class G is free for all users but surely maintaining a listening watch on Luton Radar frequency would be good airmanship given that he was so close to the Zone edge? I am making the assumtion that he wasn't because if he had been then we would never have got so close. In terms of lookout I was obviously as much at fault as the other pilot as I didn't see him until he was so close there was no possibliyt of avoiding action being taken. I disagree that I was fixated on the 310 as once I had identified him and seen he was going to pass well clear I resumed my scan. I was looking away for approximately 2-3 seconds.

slipup With hindsight the title is rather emotive but, as you say the airmanship displayed by the Cessna pilot (who I assume is reasonably experienced given the aircraft being flown) was somewhat lacking. Just because something is legal doesn't make it sensible. I appreciate what englishal is saying and I have certainly learnt from the experience. I'm sorry you feel that a person obeying the requirements of low level operation around the Luton Zone to the letter becomes a tosser in your eyes whereas somebody who is displaying questionable airmanship is blameless.