PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You CFIs are my hero.
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 01:35
bb10pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking You CFIs are my hero.

Hi, everyone, I'm new to the forums. This is a Eu based forum I believe, I'm from the US and live in California.

I just wanted to say to any of you CFIs or future ones how much you mean to us student pilots. CFIs are my heros and my role models, I want to be in the same position as you in 10years, even though the pay is meh.

I came to respect and trust my instructor after my 4th lesson. Now mind you, I'm only 15. It was the day of new year's eve when I was only 14, I witnessed a banner plane stall and crash nose first into the ground killing a local pilot only 100yards away from me.

My CFI took me up a week later, I was truely scared to death.

He told me " I would never let anything happen to you or this aircraft." And I managed to pull through how to get out of a stall, which fitted the occasion.

He also is fun to talk with and also cracks jokes and talks about surfing (When it is approriate.)

He seems to know EVERYTHING I could possibly through at him, like he has memorized everything related to avation.

I don't know how many actually do this, but he even went to a AOPA seminar with me during his break (how nice eh?)

Just felt like venting out, I know your pay isn't great, but you guys are the best.

My friends, my role modesl, my heros.

---BB10pilot