PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2007, 11:25
max tanking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right, it's not all about the money.
You will find that, out of the numbers that have applied, myself included. Not many will actually accept a position if offered under the current T & C's. The only advantage EI have for me, and probably any other typed bus drivers is the base location.
Pay..Average.
Allowances.. below par.
Hours...JAR Ops ( that means maxed out)
Pension.. a disgrace!

The only guys out there that would go for the deal, are going to be flybe skippers who are being shafted harder where they are. And to be honest I can't blame them. It is fine sat here from the LHS with another bus operator, but when a carrot like that is dangled infront of those guys. It's hard to blame them. TC's way better.
Not that i think it's right to danggle that carrot to the poor guys, bet not one turbo-prop skipper gets a job. Harsh but true. just telling it as it is.

Getting back to the point. We are with you guys. The only way to get it sorted though, is for the union and its member to have some backbone and get it sorted. Hit'em where it hurts. And quick, I ain't half getting some grief from the missus who frankly doesn't give a stuff about this. She just wants home!