PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Final F-14 Tomcat Flyby
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2007, 10:53
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F14 crews! Keep away from ‘em. Around 1980 the USS Constellation pulled into Singapore for a week. The entire F14 crew took over the top floor of a hotel and, for one reason or another, the Memsahib and I were invited to the first night bash. It went as predicted (after their 3 months in the Indian Ocean) and we invited a dozen or so to forget’s place for a next night return match.

This went on for the whole week; down town one night, our place the next. The last night was at our place with them leaving at 3AM for a 6 o’clock sailing. The following night the Memsahib, having confirmed the sailing from the TV, then told me that she’d had a slight ‘problem’ with the boss, name of Buzz J. Seems I hadn’t noticed BJ following the Memsahib around ‘like a puppy’. (My fault!) But BJ had spent the last four days convincing the Memsahib that she’d be better off in San Diego with him, rather than in Singapore with me! He’s even talked of the airline tickets he could arrange. And he’d been drinking my beer!

Good taste in women – a little light on the social graces. Then again, US Navy …………

If you’re there Buzz, you’re forgiven -- 3 months in the Indian Ocean and all that.