PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Sep 2007, 10:26
nickm85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presentation, Interview, OASC, Training

Hi all!

Hopefully i will be going to OASC soon and have recently spent alot of time trawling through threads and gained alot of information that will hopefully help me become a WSOp.

I wanted to know how long people have had to wait between the stages of application and acceptance?
I visited my local AFCO last week (Lincoln) and they gave me a date to attend a presentation and interview on the 8th of November. Presuming I am accepted to attend OASC what kind of date should I expect? Also after (hopefully) passing OASC how long before the training begins?

Im already trying to pepare myself for OASC. I am fairly fit, have been running a couple of times a week for the past few years and can complete the 1.5m in around 9 minutes. Able to do around 45 pressups in a minute and 25 situps.

I have started buying the RAF news and have been doing alot of reasearch about the RAF's history, and background. I have been studying all the various aircraft etc. and have been practising time/speed/distance calculations.

I presume it will be a while before I am invited to OASC but I hope I will be well prepared enough!

thanks in advance!

Nick Mumby