PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY TRSS here to stay?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 22:29
flyboy1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The TRSS principal works on the simple law of supply and demand. During the preceding years since 9/11 the demand for Airline jobs has been significantly higher than the supply. This has been produced by an industry still recovering from recession which until recently (around 2004) had many experienced type rated pilots sitting around unemployed. To add further to the drama interest rates have been very very low and house price inflation has been very very very high, thus resulting in the price of flight training reducing in real terms, along with cheap credit making training more accessible than ever to the young skint dreamer with no cash to splash. The above in addition to strict cost cutting measures and an ever increasingly competitive market has result in the birth of the TRSS. The Airlines know you’re desperate for a "job" and also know that you can afford to pay, resulting in the Birth of TRSS.

I have seen similar attempts to charge for training within this industry from everything and everybody that could try it on. This includes baggage handling training. My answer is always simple OFF!

Those two words could change it all for you guys, no demand = supply requirement = TRSS abolished. I don't believe that any group of Pilots or any Pilots Union for that matter will be successful in abolishing TRSS. An economical situation that prevents cheap credit and high positive equity and price inflation in peoples main assets namely property will however reduce the number of people willing to pay for TRSS, thus creating an environment where TRSS has to be abolished in order to recruit Pilots so that the said Airline may continue to expand. With house price inflation reducing and the cost of borrowing increasing in conjunction with orders for Boeing and Airbus aircraft that bring factories close to capacity the day that TRSS finds its resting place in the History books is getting closer. How close: 1-2 years