PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Helicopter training in UK?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 19:54
Kit d'Rection KG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose thingy wrote (without bothering to spell or capitalise properly, or use correct grammar, though I know I'll get in trouble with the forum stazi if I mention that):

jesus kit you are an asshole.

just because the Euro regs are platinum plated does not make them any better. The FAA have a vastly superior database of experiance on medical matters and have no worse a problem than we do under JAA.

In this day and age of diminishing GA flyers we should be supporting people to fly not discouraging them.

I assume from this and your other posts that you are a bona-fide sky god with a perfect medical profile.
To tackle your points in sequence by paragraph:

No, not at all, I'm a through-and-through aviation professional;

That's not statistically significant, as their circumstances (particularly with regard to weather) are markedly different to ours in Europe for the reasons that my good chum Graham highlights;

Why should we - what are the benefits to our society of this - is there a nett benefit in GA? I don't believe there is, whatsoever, and I'd like to see private light (leisure) aviation decline. Private light (leisure) aviation pollutes appallingly (mostly noise, but other 'emissions' too) and I stand with Clarkson regarding its worth. By the way, how do you view being 'under JAA' as significant?;

Yes, right in one!

Bravo, thanks for the correction - and thanks for the information that they have met a higher minimum standard than the very low minimum standard that I was talking about. I won't ask about resits and partial passes...