PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY TRSS here to stay?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 19:44
PAPI-74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really Annoyed,

The CTC deal is quite good if you can be ar#ed to, as you say, jump through hoops for a 2% chance of getting through. Who are they looking for for christ sake. I know a few guys who have got through, some are nice guys, a few are to###rs. OK if you have the cash to front the scheme in the first place. I sold my business to keep three kids during my training. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone a chance, but I waited 12 years for the market to get to a secure level where I felt I could risk it.
I have still got good friends who are instructing, really good blokes who get on with everyone, who may never get a lucky break. Why choose a, no disrespect mind you, SAUSAGE produced by CTC, over a guy in his 30's who has been a professional in the real world and who is able to bring a variety of interpersonal skills to the table.
I meet nut-jobs every week, who think that they can throw money at a situation and expect to get through. They will buy their way, cheat, lie, etc..their way through life. Thankfully, most get left behind at ground school or fail a flight test and go off with their tail between their legs.

Three rules of Airline flying:
1/ Turn up on time
2/ Don't have a hangover or personal issues past the crew room
3/ Never lie
3b/ Never get angry, you can't think

I have met people who lie about their lack of knowledge to not loose face. Most of them have been on Intergrated Courses and due to peer pressure, will never admit to not knowing something. This will lead to serious problems on line.
Anyway, I have waffled on in a different direction for long enough, but you may see sence in my bo##ox....
What I am getting at in short is in my opinion, the TRSS breeds a different type of pilot. If you are made to feel like a second class subject, and raped of your money, can you really hold your head up and stop a Capt from busting a level or worse. I know some are s##t scared to say anything to their TRI/TRE, because they might get their line training extended and they are skint......