PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba 054 near miss or ufo
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 15:55
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK OK settle down all! What's goin' on 'ere? I shall just take some statements.....

Right- first, there are several scenarios where passengers, particularly ones who have been drinking certain fermented liquors to possibly excess, can convince themselves that a certain air proximity incident has occurred. One doubts somehow the 10m description as this would not have been missed by anyone, and the resulting avoiding action felt by all. Only yesterday, I was watching a crossing traffic at 1000' difference pass overhead, and thought how it looked at the same altitude.

But the gentleman does raise a serious point. We are about to be hit by a profusion of VLJs (Very Light Jets- how aviation loves its 3 letter acronyms!). Some of these are intended for single pilot businessmen operations. Obviously it is going to become the 'thing' for one to pilot ones own jet. Several of them are single jet. These are going to have near-fighter performance. Having been airmissed by an out of control Lear trying to level off in the climb after take-off at Manchester- that with a professional pilot, not a businessman in a hurry, I am getting a little concerned about hundreds of these VLJs piloted by inexperienced owner/pilot businessmen all with 'Graham Hill' syndrome. Frankly, I don't want to be sharing the sky with them.
So does this concern anybody else?