PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 15:27
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well letīs talk...

Marcio (and Rob21, I suppose), there seems to be something about your culture that I do not yet understand. I ask a question. You can't answer it (neither can anybody else) except through what you have seen on television and in the newspapers. So I say: yes, but I want to know about the paperwork, which must exist if this story is to be real.
Maybe there is indeed a difference in culture. I am Brazilian, I lived 30 years in the USA and I used to fly Cherokees...Of course I am not close to your expertise on these matters and I think I understand your need to have the papers. But, on the other hand PBL I remain very interested in aviation for the pleasure of it: no agendas, and I believe I am entitled to have an opinion on a matter that for sure has not been settled. Yes much of my information come from interviews on life television and on the press. Live and in colors. Do you doubt PBL that after the Taipei episode there was an recommendation for a new software from AB to keep warning pilots (light and sound) that the TLs were opposed to each other? Do you doubt that AB did malke this software and offered it for airlines that fly AB? Do you doubt that TAM did not buy it and is buying it now? Do you doubt that TAM and the AB representative agreed to call it by W3?... What are you trying to say after all?...

Also worth bearing in mind that some of the Brazilian contributions on here have been from the legal community rather than aviation. I do wonder if there's a chance that some of them are hoping for bigger settlements from an Airbus-sized corporation than they would get from a TAM-sized one?
Insofar as I am concerned this doesnīt apply to me, and I donīt have such an agenda. I am not from the legal community. Although I used to fly Cherokees...I can say that I was a pilot (of course far from being the experts like the pro pilots I find here). Donīt you think that the same argument could be made from the opposite side? People connected to AB trying to prove that it was Human Error in order to avoid a law suit?... And I suspect that there are people from AB here.

Regards to all.