PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Flight Cancellation
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 14:53
pal90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Claims court seems to be the only way to make them move. Found this on http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/. Talks about Ireland but I believe the procedure in the UK is similar:

Advice About Cancellations
Submitted 20 September 2007
Travelled many, many times with Ryanair over last 5 years. Always supplied what they said they would. SEAT, FLIGHT ON TIME.
However in May 2007 got dumped in Spain, saw plane land and empty, queued as you do with 90+ others, young, old, infirm etc.
After 50 mins told flight cancelled due to technical issue, mmmmmmmmmmmm
My tips now are "Get to the front of the rebooking queue soonest and get rebooked". There were only a few seats available on the next flight and we got them early.
Do not panic collect luggage and make your own arrangements, a pain I know and VERY inconvenient but "What can you do?" No point in arguing RYANAIR will not and do not have to help.
We arrived early next day collecting all our receipts for, hotel, taxis, food, internet, phone calls, visit to supermarket for toothpaste, razors etc and priority boarding.
Came back next day what a relief, boss very forgiving and no wages lost partner self employed.
Report event to Ryanair as an official complaint at point of cancellation, report event to airport authorities and on return home make the official complaint to Ryanair in exactly the manner they state. e.g. one fax to Dublin with copies of receipts.
You will get a negative response to your claim for "Out of Pocket" and compensation. Do not worry make the 2nd request giving a time limit say one month or you WILL take legal action. You will still get the big NO on the last day, they are very good at making you wait.
Then as reported before complete the on-line small claim with Swords Court in Dublin it costs 9 Euro and takes about 5 minutes.
Within 2 weeks you will get a response stating they will pay out of pocket. Submit your receipts again via the Court officer and my cheque arrived within 4 weeks.
Many thanks to this site and the Small Claims staff in Dublin.
Regards the EU Compensation Scheme ask yourself is it worth your time etc. I know everyone is different but!!!!!!!!!! They paid every single penny of my receipted claims. Certainly restored my faith.