PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Flight Cancellation
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 12:15
Orientopen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Flight Cancellation

My flight from Reus to Stansted was cancelled, but we were not told this until we had been sat at the boarding gate for two hours (while our flight had yet to leave stansted) - Ryanair admitted at the time it was within their control and we would be entitled to compensation AND reimbursement of costs (hotels, food etc.)

We weren't given any assistance in finding accommodation (or paying for it) and the airport was being shut so we couldn't stay there

We managed to get a flight 2 days after we were supposed to return, however it flew back to Luton not stansted- we weren't offered assistance in paying for the taxi transfer to get back to our car at stanstead.

Since this happened (2 months ago) I have written 5 letters to Ryanair, the first 2 denied my claim for Compensation AND/OR Reimbursement and they have ignored the last three letters.

I have written to the AUTC and they have forwarded my complaint onto the Spanish equivalent for them to get back to me.

I was wondering whether you think it would be worth filing a court claim, as I have the sheet 'NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF DENIED BOARDING, FLIGHT DELAY OR FLIGHT CANCELLATION' from Ryanair which shows our entitlement to reimbursement (duty of care), even if we're not eligible for compensation due to the plane going 'tech' but they have flatly refused and subsequently ignored my requests for this reimbursement. (despite including copies of receipts)