PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Few Quickies
Thread: Few Quickies
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 07:14
Gmac115

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Quickies

Hey Guys
Being relatively new to the aviation industry, I was at first very pleasantly surprised at the amount of people (Total Strangers) that are willing to offer their advice and lend you a helping hand when it comes to questions (many of them probably seem stupid / obvious )that a newbie has.

I think that sometimes good advice can be more valuable then any qualification you can attain at newbie Flight School in Bankstown.

Anyway, Considering heading up north in march 08.
When I have asked, many people recommend getting the ATPLs and MECIR out of the way before you go. (read lots on that in previous posts)

So, I have made arrangements to get the MECIR done before I Go.
However, considering the current job climate within the industry would you consider getting out there and getting your foot in the door and gaining some experience more valuable then sitting at home for a few more months and getting the ATPLs out of the way?
Will not having them put you at disadvantage to others who do once your up there??

Was also wondering If anyone who has gone up recently has left the car at home and flown up to BME / KNX?? Did it make things more difficult?

Thanks guys and gals!! not too worried about the Where / How many hours /which companies etc. don’t mind doing my own dirty work for that one haha (Half the fun )
Its just funny that the small things can play on your mind more then the big things sometimes.