PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ahern: Aer Lingus May Close Thursday Unless Unions Agree Redundancies
Old 5th Nov 2001, 06:02
maxalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been visiting this website a long time now, and I've seen the media come in for enormous ammounts of stick over the years. Remember the hype and exaggeration over the 'drunken pilots' stories? Where'd that one go to? We've all joined AA evidently.

Then there are the accident reports, where you cringe as you read the ignorant remarks of the lazy hacks who churned the garbage out after another boozy lunch break.

Yes, we've proven our credentials as true cynics when it comes to media reporting.

And yet....along comes a nice juicy hyped up piece of tripe, and what happens? The loonies come out of the wood pile and start rubbing their hands with glee. Eating up every bit of the garbage, like they came down with the last shower of rain. Sad.

Read it again kiddies. The evidence of its tripyness was in the third line!

The message has prompted a series of meetings between the company and its unions, and a deal between the two sides now looks likely.
In other words..."Ignore everything I just said about the imminent closure of Aer Lingus, a deal is in the offing. Hack Hack."

Why waste our time?