PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dangerous spin by Richard Smith?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 20:26
Lodown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ooooh! Insults? I wasn't aware that Avalon was in need of an idea anyway. What's wrong with the situation now? One or two people think Avalon needs a tower at a time nearing an election and after trying to get a privatised tower at every other regional airport in Australia at several times in the recent past, including Broome. Another 10 or 11 or 20,000 may not necessarily agree.
Cheques, who would you suggest cash the cheque and is that person allowed to bank the cheque by his/her employer? See if you can find it for all the strings.
RAPAC! Ever heard of the term? Well respected industry representation, particularly in Victoria. There was a great deal achieved at these forums, but it's been done quietly. Why is there a need to make a very public and very vocal push for a tower, when the ACF should be effective? Perhaps the industry support does not exist.
Short of ideas?
Here's idea No.1. Go through CASA. I don't mind if there is a tower at Avalon or not if it's warranted, but why the need to circumvent effective processes?
Idea No. 2. Perhaps the money can be donated to GA to mitigate landing fees to the value of $100,000 across the country.
Idea No. 3. Let's all return to our knitting, argueing, beers and rugby. (Not a bad pastime.)

I choose No. 3. You should try it.