PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short-haul Flights in the UK could be curtailed
Old 25th Sep 2007, 12:35
JulietNovemberPapa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just booked Edinburgh-London by train for 」15.70 one-way. It値l take 4 ス hours. When you consider getting to and from airports, waiting around at airports, etc, it値l be quicker than flying. It値l be less bothersome, less tiring, and less stressful than flying. And it値l be cheaper than flying.

I have a number of other train and coach trips booked for October and November, and I知 fortunate enough to generally be able to advance book my trips and to thus get the lowest possible fares, e.g. Cheltenham-London for 」1 one-way by coach; London-Stansted 」2 one-way by coach; Cheltenham-Birmingham for 」5 one-way by train; etc.

As much as I love flying I do generally find that it痴 often cheaper, simpler, more convenient, and quicker to travel within Britain by train or coach than by air. However, I do occasionally fly domestically; indeed, in the past couple of months I have flown BRS-GLA and EDI-LCY, and I have booked BRS-EDI in November and BHX-GCI and GCI-JER in November.