PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2007, 04:17
TheRednosedReindeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody out there,
I don't know where you got the 26% from, but it could be realistic if you are single, however this is only guessing.
Married with kids, you pay more like 5% tax off the starting salary, plus some 8% social security (which I would - again - GUESS to be already incl. in above 26%).
Just don't count too much on remaining married for too long,
--> does anyone have a halfway reliable figure on divorce statistics in CV, by any chance?
As your salary increases, so does the tax rate, the progression is quite significant, I believe.
Maybe a captain could state his/her tax rate?
All this applies for sure when you live in LUX or D, for B I'm not sure, F has some different special deal for pilots, living elsewhere you may have to pay home country tax rates. Find out about your specific "Mutual Tax Agreement".
And last not least, 1500 EUR per diem is about the maximum you might get occasionally. My average over the last 11 months is 791 EUR (F/O).
At the risk of repeating myself, do not, by any means, count this as salary. You'll need to use a good share (if not all) of it, in order not to get depressive in the confinement of your hotel room!!
So much for now - TRNRD