PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink: Need Dash 8 endorsement before applying?
Old 24th Sep 2007, 22:12
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Experience
  • 700 hours total flying time.
  • 250 hours Command or Co-Pilot of multi-engined, fixed wing aircraft (excluding ICUS).
  • Turbine experience is desirable but not compulsory.
Realistic experience requirements for a young fella on the rise. Subsidised Dash 8 endorsment - can't do your CV any harm at all even if you don't get into QLink. If its a requirement of the job, it would have to be tax deductable as well.

If you do crack it - you are a free agent with no obligation to the company other than normal notice.

If being a jet jocky is your thing, start applying as soon as you meet the minimum requirements. Meanwhile you get paid to see some of the best scenery Aus has to offer.

I have never got all this cr*p about not paying for endorsements or accepting a bond. It is very common in other professions to have to pay to ungrade your qualifications. If you can crack a scholarship or employer support, well and good. If not, and you can come up with the readdies then that is what you do. I forked out a chunck of change to upgrade 25 years ago - have never regretted it - and have never looked back.

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 26th Sep 2007 at 09:41.