PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air New Package
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 17:20
midseal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Getting your own accomodation is fine and Dandy Gentlemen, however there are is a catch, well a couple.
1. It has already been mentioned that the moment you cancel your GF contract ( only a 30 day notice required ) the Landlord turns around and throws you a curve ball by raising your rent to the tune of almost 100% (if you were on a very old lease contract). These landlords are begging for people who have rented from them based on old lease agreements to leave asap because they are restricted to raising rents by 10% a year, and its not cummulative (i.e. if you have been in accomodation for 5 yrs and he failed to raise the rent in the yester years, he can't some to you now and say i have decided to raise the rent 50%). so common sense dictates, the landlords will invite you for some chai and make nice with you as they orchestrate you to the bend over position, K-Y not included.
2. Some landlords will and can ask you for upto three months (maybe more) advance rent payment as deposit. Look into it deeply before you jump. Furthermore, the Diplomatic clause is also at their discretion, but usually not a hassle to include.

And yes I affirm the fact that the new 650 bd allowance only applies if you take the allowance and do the lease yourself. Inshort GF, doesn't want anything to do with your accomodation arrangements. (not like they were effective anyway to begin with.....)
What gives.........?