PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Status of IL-76's in the European Union
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 16:07
LAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To whom it may concern,

1. Luanda
YL-LAK arrived on monday 6th of August. We were performing commercial flight and all clearances were provided to the crew by a company which ordered this flight. I don't know how it happened but they sent us clearance just for overflying thinking it is covering landing too. Our crew never had any problems regarding clearances with this company. Same day YL-LAK left Luanda for Johannesburg because the problem was solved. Angolan CAA didn't have any claims to crew, aircraft and its owner.

2. IL-76 and EU.
Europe registered Ilyushins (as far as I know 5 airframes) are permitted to operate by European Comission directive in spring 2007 (check the Internet).

3. Combi modification.

It was designed and tested by Ilyushin Bureau specially for Inversia. I'm not allowed to provide any documents. Anyway this combination is approved by Latvian, South African and Australian Civil Aviation Administrations. For this moment we are flying all around Africa and every official who came onboard didn't have any complaints to aircraft, aircompany and crew documents.

To AAL,

Why any African goverment doesn't prohibit aircrafts with Stage II engines? And we are not talking only about ex-USSR jets. May be you know that even South Africa has in its register B737-200, B727, DC-9 and so on.

Our company is permitted to carry cargo handling persons only (for the difference between them and commercial passengers see JAR-OPS 1).

"CargoOne, why is it when an African airline is banned by the EU..."
So, sounds like the only Africa is worried about the safety. Jealousy is all You have and You will prove it with Your next post.