PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Constant Erosion
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 15:33
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought, and I am in no way connected with JPA etc, but could the new "automatic" mean that, rather than using the manual method of working out how far you drive to work each day (i.e accepting the figure you provided) that they are now using AA/RAC sites to calculate the distance (post code to post code) and, no doubt, using the shortest route it produces regardless if it is via B roads and cart tracks! Worth asking the question as to the actual mileage you are being given (inc the personal contribution) - don't forget that until recently if you had to abate any allowance claim on JPA because (for instance) you already receive HTD that covered part of a duty journey, unless you put in a minus sign against it, it gave it to you as an addition rather than a deduction. Wonder how much that one cost .... you would have thought that being an abatement would automatically make it a negative figure. Ho hum - school boy error me thinks! Lodge a query through JPA asking for the journey length you are being paid for.