PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 15:03
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are indeed working together, in a civil way...

marciovp, can you help about that choice of wording? I don't know a word of Portuguese, but in English 'decelerate' tends to be something of a technical term; broadly meaning 'reduce speed by lifting the accelerator/reducing throttle.' In English usage, especially in an emergency, if you just meant 'slow down' you'd be likely to say just that - or even just say 'brake!'
The same in Portuguese Brazilian. That is it as I have said before.. the way he said the chances are that he was asking the other to reduce speed by reducing throttle. Other wise if it was only for the other to slown down the speed he would say "Freie" (brake) or "va devagar" (slow down).

Is the usage similar in Portuguese? In other words, could the PNF, by using that word, possibly have meant 'throttle back' rather than just 'slow down'?
That how I understand. But letīs take in consideration that the tape was of course originally in portuguese brazilian and at the NTSB is was translated into english... I wish I could listen myself to the original tape in my language.

PS - Good match yesterday. I have to say that the best all-round team on the night (Brazil) won. But I was pleased that the Aussie girls played so well, and stayed in contention to the very end.
Yes, I was very impressed how the Australian came back to tie the game. Well done. Now the Brazilians will face the USA... Just canīt wait...

PBL I am quite sure there will be one. I am almost equally sure by now that there isn't one yet.
Well PBL you will make me do a lot of work to find out the numbers you are trying to find. All I can tell you is that I saw in TV the President of TAM and the representative of Airbus talking about these things. Yes, it was a recommendation after the Taipei accident as RWA said. But, this impresses me, you seem to have an agenda too because of your resistance and denial (with all due respect).

Why is so important for you that:

1. Airbus did not develop the software... and didn~t say it was not mandatory?... Why this systematic defense of Airbus?...Mind you I am not so defensive when it comes to the pilots and I am more than willing to accept that maybe they indeed made a mistake...