PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter a dud - London plans to reduce order for obsolescent fighter
Old 24th Sep 2007, 14:44
Like-minded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My profession, MM my dear electrician, is distributor of Mig parts, nothing less.

This poster is at the tippiest end of the spear tip, first in, 3rd out (after the pair of Block 40 Wild Weasel guys who bank into SAMs doing the equivalent of ****** signs and thrusting their hips).

Who here has not quietly sipped a latte from a thermos at 50 feet AGL and your half-up helmet expressionlessly reflecting a thousand flaring oil fires?

Who here has not clambered out of a cockpit at first light with holes in the stabiliser, nothing in the tank, and tossing your head to be rid of helmet hair?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

The problem with F-22 comparisons is that the USAF is so fanatically proud of the plane that foreign powers never get to see it in full-go mode, they usually fix radar reflectors on the fuselage, little knob like things.

The EF is designed to be the furball fighter par excellence, able to take the first BVR shots at high speed and altitude and then mix it up with the best. Rather good, except (a) the necessary upgrades have been slower than sludge (b) it aims to achieve air superiority through attrition, not full spectrum dominance.

It is the ultimate 4th gen fighter in a 5th gen world, the little bird who's late for the prom. Fine bird though.

Off to slap at some volleyballs.