PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 11:09
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The meet and greet is a really good day actually - you get to meet your coursemates and sit down with some of CTC and have a day of power point presentations about CTC, the training, some of the housekeeping bit and pieces and then we spent the afternoon looking at some human factors and CRM based stuff looking at the 'GRADE' model CTC expect cadets to apply in emergencies (will make more sense on the day) and also how humans learn and how you should prepare yourselves. Also looked at some air distasters to set the mood!!
The first week is not really a chill out week!! You have the Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get over the jetlag, but will be expected to be in for 08:30 monday morning for a 2 day induction (full days with lots of info!), then on the wednesday, you will most likely start studying for your first exam, FRTO. You will most likey get that following weekend off before starting the next subject on Monday (Air Law if I remember correctly). At the moment, the newbies are doing the bulk of their lectures at 06:15 which is always fun! May well change, but the last 3 CPs have had the early morning lectures.
Although the weather at the minute is pretty damn awful at the moment, (just look at the synoptics online to see what I mean!!), we are approaching summer and the weather should be pretty similar to UK summer (not the most recent one I should probably add!). Most things are readily available out here so don't weigh your luggage down with loads of toiletries etc. Buy it all here and use the weight to bring a PS3 or something! Sure most are aware but a laptop is a pretty important piece of kit as the ATPLs are monitored online plus the daily schedule is released online each evening. Adaptors all easy enough to get out here.