PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 01:21
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proofs and agendas

Do you have concrete proof of this (the assertions in the first three sentences) which you can share?
PBL
PBL, my first impulse was to run after proofs to pacify you. But I decided not to do this because it is too late, and besides, what I said is common knowledge here after the President and Maintenace Men from TAM as well as Representative from Airbus were interviewed at the CPI of the House of Representatives. I saw them in TV. What they said is what I stated, believe me. Here just one news at the time (in portuguese):

http://portalamazonia.globo.com/noti...316&idLingua=1

It says in a clear way what we have been discussing here, the pilots not pulling the right TL, etc, etc. In the end it talks about the new software being produced by Airbus after Taipei to warn better the pilots about the TL remaning on Climb. And Tam answering that it did not know about it. Later Tam said that it did know but it was not mandatory, and they didnīt not buy it. Now, they did.

Lemurian says that they are no good and cause more problems than solve...

Yes Lemurian, let me reassure you that I trust your technical expertise, and that I am convinced that most likely the six pilots (three disasters)involved "forgot" one TL on Climb, while pushing the other to Rev. I am not trying to defend them to the point of denying technical evidence. But on the other hand nobody was there to tell the story and there was that dialogue: "Descelerate, descelerate, descerelate" and the answer "I canīt, I canīt, I canīt".

I am impressed by the fact that while I am open to find the pilots responsible for the disaster, and I am convinced that training and more training will be important to prevent another disaster like this one, you and some others are not willing to admit that perhaps, even in a very remote way, the Airbus could have done better or could do better to prevent this from happening again. Or that even in a very, very remote, almost impossibe way something could have gone wrong with the A320 computers. Do you have an agenda?... Do you work for Airbus?

The fact remains that at this time, until a final report is issued, nobody knows for sure what happened. Otherwise we would not be here waisting each others time...

Regards and good night

Last edited by marciovp; 24th Sep 2007 at 01:41. Reason: Typo and adding