PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 17:43
SeamusCVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAFCO-C hopefully have very deep pockets then to take this to the High Court, as with Thomsonfly scaling back on routes, I cannot see much money being generated by commercial operations at the airport...hope for more Wizz expansion maybe, with possibly another small based carrier, and expansion of cargo, GA and Business Jet activities? The Airport, along with hundreds of others, is at the Routes convention the next few days, so hopefully they might be able to entice more companies.

Although I personally would like to see 2mppa at Coventry and an expansion (or at worst consolidation) of routes, there is a part of me that would have liked to have seen the owners submit a revised application for a permanent passenger facility for the same capacity as the current IPF (obviously current IPF granted retrospective planning consent by former Deputy John Prescott for 0.98 million passengers)...obvious question to ask though: is 0.98 million passengers enough to keep the airport running? If the owners are unsuccessful in their appeal, will that signal the end of passenger operations (again) at Coventry?

Looking at the Luton thread, and the idea of the interchange, maybe the Airport owners could adopt that idea and buy some land for a 2 million+ passenger terminal on Coventry City council land, and then ferry the passengers to a departure point (when needed) by a "people mover"...certainly thinking outside the box.

One further question, has the consultative committee now stopped meeting every 3 months following the June 15th decision? There have been no consultative committee meeting notes posted on the Coventry Airport website since the meeting of 19th April.