PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Downing Street - Military Deaths Petition
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 10:34
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Al R

When I read your bitter, twisted, vitriolic and misleading attack on Chappie on 21 sep, I was so taken aback that I couldn’t immediately see how to respond to you. I’m glad that Chugalug (and some others) have taken up the cudgels against your unreasonable spleen, and I can understand why Chug now feels it is time to rest his case.

But, in answer to one of your points:
Please post ANYTHING I have written which I need to apologise to her for, or which is factually, objectively (or in anyway), incorrect.
How about
I object to the politicisation and hijacking by the deceased person's family, simply to prove an (invariably) personal point. You do NOT represent Military Families, you represent some military families and I very much doubt, many of the beliefs of those who died anyway.
Now, bearing in mind that this was addressed directly to Chappie, perhaps you should consider that she was posting on a thread entitled “Military Deaths Petition”. Her post was about signing the petition, and getting others to do so. I fail to see how you can possibly construe her words as politicisation and hijacking. And as for telling her she doesn’t represent people - where did you get the idea that she believes she does represent Military Families? She merely said she knew how to contact some of them.

I was going to disagree with you also on the question of who is represented or not by the coroner, but I see that Chugalug has already covered that ground satisfactorily.

I do strongly reinforce the suggestion that you should apologise to Chappie for your disgraceful early series of posts. While you’re about it, you might want to reread your subsequent posts, which seem to have ratcheted themselves up into a self-reverential spiral of ill-considered bile and nastiness.

I have had the privilege of serving with quite a few Rockapes, and I admired them immensely. I am sorry to see that you describe yourself as ‘has been Rockape’ (with or without a big hairy arse). I fear that you are not doing the reputation of the Rocks any good with your behaviour in this thread.

Any Rockapes out there want to disown the unlovely Al?

airsound