PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 09:59
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He never did reply to why he joined such a "money grabbing" company when there were other airlines out there.
Read my post again. 6 years ago, in real terms ryr, we were paid alomost double what it is now. Pilots were pretty well looked after. All the "normal" stuff that was once taken for granted was taken care of. Regrettably peoples expectations are now lower. As MOL once said, "ryr pilots will be the hardest working and best paid short haul pilots in Europe". When I started, this was largely true. It had to be, back then there were a lot more jobs there and good starting salaries and paid for ratings etc were normal.
Unfortunately MOl has worked out that plenty of pilots will work for a pittance. He only has to look at pprune to learn that.
I think you can infer, Diamond Dog, the answers to your questions from the above.
As for the old chestnut, why not leave? For what? To get ridden by another airline copying the fr methods? Look around you, the rot is widespread.
Coming on here and taking potshots at those who know what they're about isn't very sensible. Far better to listen, you might spare yourself the inevitable disillusionment.