PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change in staff travel upgrade policy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 04:19
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lapsap

The big problem here is when benefits are whittled away. If you are given nothing you expect nothing. But CX has gradually and systematically degraded staff travel as a benefit.

When you become an expat CN you get a Pri4B FOC (that you pay for). In fact this FOC is a Pri4Y upgradeable to B as I found out last year. When I gave up my Pri4F FOC of the old travel scheme, no one told me that the new 'improved' travel scheme FOC was 'upgradeable' not guaranteed!

My housing here is inferior to what I could live in back in Australia. So how is the current housing allowance 'generous'? When I applied I was promised housing equivalent to what I could enjoy at home. Do you think it changes my 'experience' here whether it costs $39K(when I joined) or $70K+ that it costs now? How does it benefit me as a renter?

Many airlines guarantee at least one ticket a year for expats and mostly in first class (for CNs anyway). CX guarantees you EY, but upgradeable to C. That policy is indicative of their whole staff travel policy. Staff travel is seen almost as a curse on them, not a benefit to us.

So I think it is fair to vent and complain on one of our only 'benefits'. Does anyone here get excited at the thought of staff travel? All I know is that you can check FSS 4hours before your flight and see 10 spare seats in F/J that suddenly become full when you are at the airport! Somehow I don't think they are go-shows!