PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short-haul Flights in the UK could be curtailed
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 18:46
zed3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of trains and planes ..... I have over many years flown Dusseldorf-Manchester and then trained it through to Scarborough where we have a flat , around every six weeks or so. (cost about e400/450) . However the security (at MAN) has become more and more boring and I took to the Rotterdam-Hull ferry . Brilliant , except in stormy weather . Although stabilised they can move around . Then I came on the idea of the train . Roermond-Maastricht-Brussels-London-Scarborough . Easy .... BUT Roermond-Maastricht , ticket . Maastricht-Brussels , ticket . Brussels-London , ticket e260 return (first class leisure). London-Scarborough , ticket L295 return !!!!!!!!!!!! (e450). Total was around e750 return . Boat (with car e404 (November)plus one tank of petrol return -e55.). The question is WHY and when is Europe going to get it's act together ? They (politicions) want us to use public transport - when are they going to use it and sort it out , paying for themselves - instead of using cars/aircraft paid by the tax payer without any concern as to the price ? Only then will things change for the better .