PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 14:43
Falcon666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read with interest the last few Posts on this Thread.
Having used both STN and LTN recently , i would prefer Luton everytime.
Although i agree that the Shuttle Bus from Parkway Station is at best "Cramped" during Peak , once in The Terminal the Layout is much Better.
Try using STN during the early morning rush.Both the queues for Check-in and Security merge.I have found their Staff to be, at best Stressed , and mostly unhelpful.
At least at Luton it is seperated on two Floors and you are checked before going up to Departures.
With regard to the Parkway Station , a friend of mine was actually involved in the Planning Stages and ebenezer is correct about the difficulties with land and the Public Safety Zone issues.I believe this was due to the building regulations within the Flight Arrival / Departure flightpath to Runway 08.
In fact i also believe that if Planning consent was requested today to build Capability Business Park it would be refused due to the movements at LTN.
Having said that does anybody know if there are plans to Change the Station layout and have check-in desks added.The proposal to have the "People Mover" reconsidered would be nice but i think unlikely given all the problems with the concession.

On a totally different subject, and i am not sure if this has already been discussed here but i understand that when the 787 Dreamliner comes to LTN it cant get past the Easyjet hangar due to wingtip clearance and will have to go via Taxi-way Delta and the Link to the Main Apron in order to get to their hangar.
This will mean that the Thomson Building (The one on Stilts opposite the Flying Club-sorry dont know the Building Numbers) and the operations building next door will be lined up for Demolition in the next Plans for the Master Draft due at the year end.Anyone know if this is true