PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: REX to employ Cadets
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 14:34
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey pilotdude,

The QF cadetship is pretty awesome too! Even though you do have to pay everything, you're pretty much guaranteed a job at the end, ex-cadets have told me that since they can remember no one has been robbed of a job opportunity with Qantas - so it is a good way to go to!
Unfortuantley i cant afford the amount it costs to do the course, even the uni course they were offering seemed to be a bit dearer than doing prety much the exact same course as ECU's aviation which is quite alot cheaper.

At this very moment i am going to go to uni and do a Batchelor of Business (Management), Aviation or Journalism or something similar, havent decided which one just yet

Even if i am to go to uni, i will go do a graduate job for 2-3 years, save up get a nice big loan and finish my CPL/ATPL off and head back up this way. At the moment im putting $100 bucks a week away for flight training so hopefully some of that will help me get through some lessons and PPL while @ uni if i dont do the aviation degree.

Think i might apply for this though, the worst they can say is no.
Also i would hope that REX would also take Country/Regional applicants
before its city counterparts, bit disapointing if it wasnt to do that.

But still interested if they want 0 hours? or someone who has already done a PPL, did it say in the AD? i did try to get an Australian here today but they are like hens teeth.

Feel better i got that off my chest
Cheers

Ps. my apologies for my life story above!, makes more sense to me when i write it out!