PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 13:26
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAFO

Thank you Bus Junkie, it is becoming clear that indeed there is a problem in the AB A320 when landing with one reverser locked out. Why I fail to understand because it looks so simple and easy for the two TLs being placed on Idle for the landing...

Why did these pilots made this mistake?...Then my mind goes on...why the A320 is allowed to land with one locked reverser for ten days? I am curious about the ten days. Why not 15 or 30 or 3? And then comes another question: why allow the plane to lad under this circumstances?
Why not send it immediatelly for maintenance?

And finally why only with one reverser locked? Could also be the case to land with the two reversers locket out? Is there a big difference between one reverser locked and the two?...

The CPI (House of Representatives) in Brazil just heard an expert who gave explanations of what he thinks happened. He admitted that there was pilot error but he feels that AB is also responsible for not installing the new warning software in all its planes (well, Lemurian said that this software did not solve the probem...). So the problem is still there with others disasters on the making?

Finally, being repetitious I am sure, it is hard for me to conceive that a plane with a TL on climb detent and the other on reverser with the pilot trying to apply the brakes remains silent, no warning, nothing with this enormous conflict entered in its computers...to the point of crashing...

Do one have to be a genious to figure out that something could and should be done to change this scenario?...Or we just wait for the next?...