PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COT Decision
Thread: COT Decision
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 12:24
ReheatMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA Failing us

For many years i have read the numerous comments on PPrune without posting but my blood is boiling and so I have signed up to post my first post. Sadly its not a happy post in that BALPA in relation to fumes on aircraft is failing us.

I fly the 146 for a UK airline and I am sick to death of breathing this stuff, feeling sick and seeing the girls and lads down the back get sick not to mention those who pay our wages!!

Last week a fellow Captain on handover said he felt terrible and the girls were all complaining again about feeling sick from the fumes. I asked him if he had grounded the aircraft and he said no. When i asked why his reply was what really shocked me.....'BALPA would not support me....Steve XXXX knows about it but does nothing.....'

When I rang the Head Office a person i will not identify in the technical section said the Government were looking at it and they trust the Government to do the research.

What alot of bull, we are getting exposed today, BAE build these heaps of junk and the CAA appear to turn their back on this BAE problem. BALPA have been told for years about this...where are the filters, why are crews not supported? Why is the CC doing nothing.

Come on BALPA ACT TODAY!!!