PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Downing Street - Military Deaths Petition
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 11:09
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew Walker (for example) is a coroner with a fine record of hassling the government for the facts. He does not do it because he feels he represents the families, and for you (or anyone) to suggest that he does, is in danger of subverting the system. Long after the bloody yoghurt knitters in MFaTW have latched on to another axe to grind, the coroners system will still be living with the consequences of being labelled anti g'ment 'stoolies', or 'puppet'.. to coin your vernacular. See, they can't win? The only way for them to maintain their independendance is NOT to be adopted by the families, or by the system. If the family wants representation, it gets a solicitor which I believe it did, in the case of Matty Hull for instance. This has to be seen to be done too.

As you realise.. this is a military forum, best you start affording us the respect WE deserve. People here say thank you and sorry each day probably more times than you've had hot dinners and certainly for more imprtant reasons than expressing an opinion (in my case, in a respectful manner) which is contrary to someone else's. If so, then you live with it and I'm not sure about you, but I've earned the right to my opinion. I'm one of the lucky ones, unlike the guys who haven't made it back. Believe me, I could fill a book with tales of the MoDs damned incompetence and negligence if I wanted to, and every time my war pension gets paid in, I say thank you and reflect on a career cut short and thank god that it was only a career.

I also believe that for every Typhoon sortie that CAS minces about in, he should feel honour bound to carry out 5 in Afghanistan in an unmodified C130, or carry out a week's air to air refuelling training in Nimrod, if he wants to establish any level of empathy. So read this and take it on board. I'm no one's stoolie, least of all the MoDs and I don't need the likes of you trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't say or think. So stop preaching to the converted and coming here, holier than thou, telling me how to behave and think, and prattling on about red mists (I don't 'do' red mists) and the like, simply because I don't fit in with your idea of a perfect world or because I might relate more closely to a world that you cannot even begin to conceive exists. I find it intensely dissrespectful and annoying when the likes of you, and other civvies come along and start telling 'us' how 'we're' being duped by the politicians and 'Brownes circus', how 'we're' engaged in unlawful activities and how 'we' are obviously too stupid to realise for ourselves what is blindingly clear to w#nk organisations like MFaTW.

And finally, you ponitificate about pseudo military maxims? Here's one for you that you won't find in any book.. 'no justice, just us'. Go away and think about it.

Cheers.