PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter a dud - London plans to reduce order for obsolescent fighter
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 11:02
Magic Mushroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think anybody would accept that no matter what the criteria, we certainly don't need the F-35, nice though it would be.
I think there'd be VERY few people, certainly within the Armed Forces, who think that TM.
Common sense would suggest that it would be far better to "navalise" a final batch of Typhoons (especially when BAe have repeatedly said that it can be done fairly inexpensively) and forget about another whizz-bang jet that, in practical terms, offers the RAF and FAA absolutely nothing of any practical value which can't be achieved with Typhoons.
What utter hoop. The LAST thing common sense suggests is a Sea Typhoon is either viable, cheap or effective in the role. We'd end up paying more to BAe for a tiny batch of UK only aircraft.
Regards,
MM

PS. Surprise surprise! I notice we're still awaiting LMs explanation as to how he his qualified to comment on modern combat aircraft and tactics.