PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: REX to employ Cadets
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 10:13
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TINTIN25 and the (thrust) of KRUSTY's post are that now they are looking to the future (hey, can't knock that so ) and are willing to invest $$$ (also cannot knock that so another .)

The point missed is that, like all things airline related, the the game has changed - for cadets as well as real (hey, I mean those have taken another approach rather than "Scientology Airline 101" ) airline pilots, not just those with ghost seniority numbers.

Loyalty to my profession remains but loyalty to any airline died on 13.9.01; the idea of joining any airline and remaining is (or should be) well in the past, especially if you "pay" for your airline gig (the admitted upside is that it is YOUR endorsement so if/whenever you decide to look at options there can NEVER be any acrimony from management; "they reap what they sow" would be apt!! )

Unless they tie up any cadet scheme in reams of legalese they will lose heaps of those who they pay for.
If they DO try to tie it up in legalese then more fool those who sign up.

Krusty's final point extremely valid; they still haven't addressed the important concept (at least IMHO) of having experienced pilots to look after/train the less experienced.

Air Ace - assuming you are talking tongue-in-cheek when talking about the successful Qantas scheme in the 60's and 70's, infers you think the 80's and 90's scheme leave something to be desired (sniff,sniff! )
Prey tell - you wouldn't be a 60's/70's cadet by any chance??
Still get the S/O to carry your bags??

Jet-A-Knight shame upon you - if any of the management boys read this they might actually try it; and with the state of the regulator (or at least how it appears to be) they well may allow it to slip through!
Shame, shame, shame...

I hope REX pursue it and I hope it will be the f**kup I expect it to be.

KRUSTY: at least they can claim the "cadet" costs on tax, maybe harder if they coughed up extra T&C's for the experienced crewsto get a bigger deduction.
What - a business being dictated to by beancounters?? Hush thy mouth!