PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Downing Street - Military Deaths Petition
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 10:12
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Al R. This is my last post replying to you, so you get to have the last word, which means you win in your terms I suspect. I'll try to keep this simple. Chappie's post was from her own perspective, ie
we are represented by the wiltshire coroner but like so many familes we are waiting
is referring to her family and others, not MFAW. Whether she is right in legal terms or not is by the way. She feels (with some justification) that the only defence she and others have against the MOD's obscuration is the Coroner, hence he is her "representative". Having confused yourself on that issue, you go on to compound it by saying:
you represent some military families and I very much doubt, many of the beliefs of those who died anyway.
You might think that by "you" you meant MFAW, but she isn't MFAW she is herself, and to someone who lost her brother in the tragedy that is again before the coroner, that is a very hurtful thing to read.
It seems to me you saw MFAW and a red mist came down. Well that is your problem, but the resultant post is ours (the PPRune community's) when it can hurt the vulnerable. I suggest you do the decent thing, admit you misread Chappie's post, apologise for any distress it may have caused, and we can all move on. I know you guys do a lot of "banter", we civvies don't. Chappie is a civvie, but a friend of the Service Family. Accord her the respect that she deserves. Message ends. Out.

PS I'm sorry that I said:
Now you may ally yourself with the MOD in this

I didn't then understand where you were coming from. There are many apologists on this forum for Browne's circus. You are not one of them. I was wrong. I am sorry. See? Its easy!