PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 07:28
Want2Fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excited!! / nervous!!

My VRD is only 5 days away now! (Thurs 27th) And I'm sooo excited, but the nervousness is starting to creep over me. Fortunately for me, I tend to talk a lot more and try to cover any nerves, rather than go all shy and quiet. But I really wish the day would arrive already! I can't stand waiting for it, lol.

I have my suit, tie and shoes organised. I've opted for a purple, thick striped tie, hoping to stand-out just slightly from the other blue or red-tie wearing guys. It'll be the purple tie on white business shirt under a plain black suit. It took me forever to decide on the tie - had to get the opinions of just about everyone I knew, hehe.

I've also been in touch with a DJ Cabin Supervisor that I was introduced to by a workmate and she has already given me some good tips and advice on the recruitment day process and what to expect. But she's been a bit busy of late, and trying to get through to her is a bit hard - I really want to rehearse the common interview questions with her and get her to evaluate my responses.

It's mainly the questions where they ask you to describe customer service situations I've dealt with including an angry or disgruntled customer, etc. I've noted down a few that I recalled and am trying to go over and over them in my head but I'm paranoid that I might go into far too much detail about them and wander off the main point, or I may try to summarise too much.

Plus that all-important 'why do you want to work for Virgin Blue?' question I can just see myself saying so many irrelevant things. My response would be along the lines of; "I'd love to continue doing what I have a real passion for and that's working with the general public in a face-to-face customer service environment, constantly meeting new people, working in a fast-paced team environment which can really challenge and stimulate me, and doing so with Virgin Blue would be perfect because my outgoing, bubbly and hard-working personality is very well-suited to the style of service I receive from cabin crew on your flights."

How would you guys rate a response like that? Is that too wordy or have I left out some big brownie-points kind of things?

I was also advised to brush up majorly on what I know about Virgin Blue including their history, their ownership, management team, fleet size, number of destinations, inflight product, and future plans such as the Embraer jets and V Australia. I already know a great detail about all those things but I'll be making sure I do some more research there.

Any advice or help you can give in these areas would be awesome guys! And yes I have already read through the entire thread on Virgin Blue recruitment (the one from last year which is now locked) and followed the journeys of those guys from VRD to online flying - quite a great read.