PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beijing PanAm - disrespect and humiliation of instructors
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 06:25
EX-FED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Two Cents Worth

Always Moving is correct, and I will give you a little more detail as you requested.

A Pilot or Flight Instructor Certificate is issued by the governing authority, which in this case, is the CAAC. The ratings issued on that certificate is a "privilege", and not a "right." If you read the regulations carefully, you will see that the certificate "must" be in your personal possession, or readily accessable in the aircraft when utilizing the "privileges" of that certificate.

The CAAC, may, supercede, suspend, or revoke ANY certificate issued by them, but even this does not happen overnight. There is a process that must be followed.

No where, and I repeat "NO WHERE" on that pilot certificate does it say "Beijing PanAm International Aviation Academy." PanAm does not have ANY right, whatsoever, to hold any certificate issued by the CAAC. It does not say "issued to BPIAA", or "issued by BPIAA."

Furthermore, a Temporary Certificate is ONLY valid for 120 days. Now, the CAAC can continue issuing Temporaries until Hell freezes over; nothing anyone can do about that, but you cannont legally "exercise the privileges of that certificate" if it is expired; read the regs!

The same applies to the medical certificates; they are issued to YOU; NOT Beijing PanAm.

After spending 8 years in the FAA, I'm pretty well versed in the regulations, but I won't even begin to touch this "Foreign Expert Certificate Issue." Regardless what SOME individuals feel I DID'NT DO with regard to this issue, be advised MY CERTIFICATE was surrendered, also.

I will echo what Always Moving has said; If PanAm is holding your certificate, it is illegal and should be reported to the proper authorities; in this case, the CAAC. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, as a CAAC Certificate Holder, to forward a complaint to the CAAC; even if you're a foreigner.

I am currently dealing with them on some issues that occured in the past through a FAA Liason that has direct access to CAAC Headquarters, and the process is proceeding well. If PanAm holds ANYONE'S certificate, please PM me and I will give you the name and email of the Representative I'm dealing with, and he can get you in contact with the appropriate CAAC Inspector.

Good Luck to all of you.

Howard