PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 00:29
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm quite excited about the new catering contract!
However, a lot of people are going to loose their jobs at Alpha, loosing such a big contract :-(
They had their chance, but as always it will be the wrong people getting punished!

Here's an Alpha story for you...including all the reasons why I can't wait for them to be gone....and all the reasons why I will miss them:

Been on a late flight and previous crew left a bit of a mess in the dry stores. Cause of that mess we only noticed that we were low on lids during the first sector. There was no way that we could make it through the day. On the ground down route I informed the Cpt, and asked him to call ahead for Alpha so they could supply us with more lids when back at base.
When back at base Cpt told me that he talked to Service Air, they had talked to Alpha, and Alpha stated that they were not prepared to come out for some lids! Obviously now that the contract is running out they don't seem to think that they still have to work for their money.
Anyway, we were just trying other, more creative ways, to organize some lids (eg begging the dispatcher to ask on another ezy aircraft) and a Alpha van stops at our aircraft. One of our favorite Alpha employees comes running up the steps and brings us some lids....although his company does not want him to (despite the fact that it obviously is possible, otherwise he could not have done it behind their back.).

So yes, I'm more than happy to say Good bye to Alpha, but I will miss the good guys who were always trying to help out....and I really hope they won't loose their job over this....and if, I hope they find a new better one....maybe with Gate Gourmet?! ;-)