PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 22:38
leilas23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question marciovp

There is something I don't get. Your pilot friend says they simulated a TLA fault and there was no sound or warning?

I have a flight crew operating manual from TAM for A319, 320, 321 that says Thrust Lever Fault or Thrust Level Disagree both lead to a single chime aural warning and a master caution light (these warnings are only inhibited in fase 4 and 5 of flight, before and after take-off). Was this not true in the simulator??

Also, the FDR for TAM 3054 shows TLA fault signal OFF.

second (I think lemurian brought this point and I'm not a pilot and haven't a clue), if the computer orders ToGa, isn't it the right thing to abort landing after all? Because if there is indeed a TLA fault and there will be no reading of at least one thrust lever at idle (where we suppose they may have been for the sake of argument), THEN spoilers will not deploy. If they will not deploy, isn't a go-around a better? Why practice killing the engines? Does that allow for autobreak and spoiler action?

BTW, is this true, what "bombinha" posted -- there is NO manual override for spoilers in the A320?? I have asked if this was an option for the pilots and never got a consistent answer.

sorry for so many questions, few answers.