PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Downing Street - Military Deaths Petition
Old 21st Sep 2007, 21:29
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chugalug said lots, including;
Well, A1 R, someone is talking "absolute bollocks", but I very much doubt if it is Chappie. In what way do you claim that she has used “politicisation and hijacking by the deceased person’s family” (whatever that mouthful means)? To my knowledge she has called for ESF to be fitted to all the Hercules Fleet, being greatly instrumental in the near total success of that campaign, and she has called for speeding up the process of Coroners’ Courts investigating the circumstances of the deaths abroad of those who have died (like her brother) in the service of their country. She has done so because in the first case the MOD was damned if it was going to spend good money on ESF, and in the second case because the inordinate delay in Coroners dealing with and concluding their investigations into our service dead is a national disgrace. Which part of that is politicisation? If she has common cause in those aims with those campaigning on a political front, so what? The luxury of never tainting oneself with those of differing views is not one she can afford, any more than this country could in WW2. “My enemy’s enemy is my friend”. Good military maxim that A1 R, worthy of study!
Now you may ally yourself with HMG in this situation, Lord knows they need someone on their side, but characterising Chappie as not sharing “many of the beliefs of those who died” is an unacceptable insult, especially when aimed at the bereaved, and should be retracted with an apology immediately, wouldn’t you say? How do you know what she believes or doesn’t, other than what she has revealed? What business is it of you, me, or anyone else anyway? All I know is she has "stood on her own two feet" in these fights on behalf of those who serve and their families, until the demands of a difficult pregnancy obliged her to do otherwise, I can only speak for myself when I say I have been filled with admiration for her courage and drive over the past year or so. The military family owes her a great debt. You A1 R owe her an apology!

There you go.. because I've had the audacity to question her, I'm a pro HMG stoolie (if you're not with us etc.. ). I stand by what I say. My comments are not a reflection of her personal qualities either, or her ability to press for C130 safety, so don't you go joining the queue lining up with your big dollop of emotional blackmail.

And how the hell do you know that those who died would have wanted them to do what they were doing? It was aimed clearly at those who hijack their lives and deaths to vent their political spleens.. as I recall, I didn't mention any of the work she has done on C130 safety either, for that she is to be applauded.

I stand by my comments about their self righteous and assuming org naming, and I stand by the fact that the coroner does not represent them. I also think that most sane people will realise that when I was using the word 'you', I was referring to the organisation, and not her as an individual. By all means stand up to be counted, but I wonder how many military families are actually in 'Military Families against the War' and just how representative it is, and whether they have other issues other than THE WAR, such as the recent Headley Court battle, or improving military housing? If, as I suspect, it is a one shot, single issue concern, thankfully, these idiots will soon fade away. I grieve for their loss, I accept thery need closure.. BUT THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE MILITARY FAMILY NETWORK, and I despise their hijacking of it in such a cackhanded manner.