PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf Dissapointment
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 17:39
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking they'd all been breathing OPs (Organo-phosphates)! Still as long as they don't start enjoying it, who are we to complain?

I get the feeling that there was a bit of a reaction to the word 'No!' from on high. It seems to be apparent that youngsters never ever hear the word 'No!' and can't handle rejection. Maybe it was an older generation thing where 'No, you cannot have a banana, they're rationed, and no chocolate till Friday!' meant that rejection and no were handled so much better. This was only 'Not yet!' and look at the 'toys throwing, prams out of, for the use of!'! This wasn't even full rejection, but I have no hopes that this gift of extra time will not be wasted on Playstation as opposed to remedial education. It is certainly a case of 'I want it, and I want it now!, and GHY (God Help You) if I don't get it!'

I wish the young man all the luck, next time around, that he can make for himself, after improving English, possibly maths, Ethics and maturity. If there is any advice I would profer, it would be: don't waste time lounging around 'waiting', eating KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and shooting Playstation- there is no time to be lost- any time spent of self improvement will be like gold to him. I hope the lesson is not lost and the damage permanent- but it's a character thing mostly. He can still come out of this with his ambition satisfied, and as a well educated, honest young man.