PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS January 2008 Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 12:27
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and from what I hear the banding issues are being addressed for 2009 but some units will not like the proposed changes
and Throw a Dyce was just talking about Band 6 - weird coincidence.

Throw A Dyce

I like my lifestyle down here thanks, (even though it's in one of the most expensive cost of living areas - good idea to base new centres where you did, NATS), the pay almost makes up for the lack of mountains etc but gets eaten away by higher cost of living etc. So for that reason and the fact that I would not get a transfer I will not be taking you up on your job swap offer.

Having said that, I would validate mind you - have done similar to your current job before so thanks but no thanks. Multi runway ops with helos thrown in as well can be fun, but having been there done that, I prefer the challenges down here.

As for your equivalency of a band 6 unit in your previous job - you base that on what knowledge of complexity and traffic loading over here compared to your previous job?

I have always said the Banding issue was done badly, but even you admit there should be some differentiation - I think that my unit is one of the ones that should be in the top band (don't we all), based on real facts - it's the middle bands that, in my mind, muddy the waters somewhat.