PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 07:15
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marciovp
if I was flying A320 I would be afraid to admit that someday I could be a victim of a failure on its computers. It would be reassuring to me to believe that there is nothing wronmg with the plane... This is just human.
But I am a professional pilot with nearly 40 years in the air and my approach to flying is different to yours : I know that mistakes can be made. I know that sometimes the failures in a system could lead us pilots to a jam and I have lost enough friends in air accidents, some of them whom I have trained, to know that air safety is an endless repetitive task. I am fortunate that I have reached a level where I can be heard.
That's one of the reasons why that as far as this accident is concerned, adding an extra warning is just a cosmetic solution that will allay the public's fears and the political showings, but won't bring anything to avoiding another accident of this style.
The solutions, I'm afraid are mainly to be found inside flight operations departments.
Where is the HKT forum Lemurian?
Look it up as :" MD80 crash in Phuket"
In the A32o there was one motor in full reverse, the pilot trying desperatelly to brake the plan and on motor pulling forward as if it wanted to fly. And...silence... no warning... Are you sure Lemurian that this is totally OK?
Talk to the manufacturers -as similar happenings exist with Boeing, too (related in this forum but of course totally disregarded by most of the posters. Example of tunnel vision?) and talk to the certifying authorities. And see how such a low-occurrence mishandling will change the airplanes'design.
As for your aviation bookshelves, I am not sure that *B vs A* is a reference. I have it too, but I would recommend :
  • The naked pilot, by David Beattie
  • Aircraft Safety, by Shari Stamford Cross
  • The pilot's burden, by Capt Buck
  • Air Disasters, especially vol 3, by McArthur Job
and then, have a look at *Airbus drivers'* site and *Smart Cockpit*, that should improve your knowledge of airplane -not only Airbus, I may add- systems.
Regards