PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raaf Imps
Thread: Raaf Imps
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 06:33
Inspector G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arm out the window, while your points are duly noted I must point out that these issues are by no means at the top of my priority list, rather they are the last (and only) points of uncertainty in what I would otherwise consider to be an ideal career path for me. Whilst my questions relate to a very distant future, I believe that knowing as much as I can before making any choices would be the wise thing to do. As I previously stated, I am not in the business of wasting either mine or the RAAF's time, so should I proceed with my application it will be because I accept and am prepared to deal with these issues should they arise in the future, preparation that begins with asking questions.

However, I can understand your comments should, as you say, these issues be of great concern to onself. To be honest, these problems would never have entered my mind had I not read the multitude of posts that complain of the stresses that military life places on families. Perhaps it would have been more prudent of me to realise that these comments are only from the minority, those who have the motivation to join internet forums to voice their complaints. One could be forgiven though for taking note of the points that these individuals make, afterall it is my goal to research as much as possible about the service that I wish to become a part of.

To conclude though, Gundog addressed most of my uncertainties with regard to joining the RAAF and has laid all of my worries to rest. As such, I will most likely be applying when finished my degree in May, so wish me luck!